David M. Long, NCFPS Principal & Senior Consultant
- JD, University of Pennsylvania Law School
- Fmr. Senior Special Agent, Office of Inspector General, Divisions of Labor Racketeering & Program Fraud (US Dept. of Labor)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Assistant Professor, Criminal Justice & Legal Studies
NCFPS is an innovative, San Francisco Bay area based, anti-money laundering and fraud prevention consultancy specializing in addressing the specific AML compliance and fraud prevention challenges facing digital currency companies. Our deep experience leverages our expertise in AML, fraud investigations, legal services, enforcement, business, education and training.
Such a unique combination of experience and skill-sets positions us to offer the highest quality services and value as your partner in successfully structuring your digital currency company’s AML compliance and/or fraud prevention program(s).
Founded by David Long, NCFPS came about as a result of the recognized demand for high quality, professional, expert, and comprehensive AML compliance services demanded by digital currency companies resulting from heightened uncertainty surrounding the AML regulatory environment.
David is an Ivy League-educated attorney and former federal white-collar criminal investigator, who has deep experience investigating money laundering cases. David holds the Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist and the Certified Fraud Examiner designations. The prestigious CAMS® certification is awarded to professionals who have passed a rigorous examination demonstrating aptitude and expertise in anti-money laundering detection and enforcement. This certification requires strict continuing education on all matters related to anti-money laundering and related compliance and regulatory matters. The equally prestigious CFE certification is awarded to professionals who have passed a rigorous examination demonstrating aptitude and expertise in fraud prevention, detection and investigation.
David is an active member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) and the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS).
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists, Northern California Chapter
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, VP, Programs & Seminars, San Francisco Chapter
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, Advisory Council
- State Bar of Georgia (inactive, in good standing)